Why you should hire a Licensed and Insured Orange County remodeling contractor:
“During these tough economic times, consumers should not be tempted to go with what they perceive as the cheap route and hire unlicensed contractors that may underbid other legitimately licensed competitors,” said CSLB Registrar Steve Sands. “If a non-licensed worker is injured or makes a mistake while working on someone’s property, the homeowner can be 100% responsible because those who aren’t licensed don’t carry workers’ compensation insurance or bonds that CSLB licensees are required to have.”
To become licensed, an Orange County Remodeling Contractor must also have at least four years of journey-level experience and pass two licensing exams. In any given year, 97% of licensed contractors don’t have a single complaint filed against them.
CSLB conducts an average of one sting each week somewhere in the state. “Consumers should take a few minutes to check a contractor’s license number on the CSLB Web site or call our automated toll-free line to verify a contractor they want to hire is licensed in the appropriate trade and has the proper workers’ compensation insurance and bonds,” said Sands. “We also have publications available on our Web site or that people may order that explain the contracting process in detail.”
CSLB urges consumers to follow these tips when hiring a contractor:
• Be especially hesitant when approached by someone offering home improvement services door-to-door.
• Verify the contractor’s license at www.cslb.ca.gov or 1-800-321-CSLB (2752).
• Don’t pay more than 10% down or $1,000, whichever is less.
• Don’t pay in cash, and don’t let the payments get ahead of the work.
• Check references, and get three bids and a written contract before your project begins.
• Contact CSLB if you have a complaint against a contractor.
The Contractors State License Board operates under the umbrella of the California Department of Consumer Affairs. CSLB licenses and regulates about 315,000 contractors and are regarded as one of the leading consumer protection agencies in the United States. In fiscal year 2007-08, CSLB helped recover $35.2 million in ordered restitution for consumers.
Useful information for selling and maintaining your home: